Wei Pan's Home Page
Division of Biostatistics
School of Public Health,
University of Minnesota
A460 Mayo Building, MMC 303,
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Phone: (612)626-2705 (Office);
E-mail: panxx014 AT umn DOT edu
Other affiliations at the U of M:
- Statistical genetics, especially genetic association testing for
GWAS and sequencing data.
- Bioinformatics: integrative analysis of multiple types of omics data;
analysis of microarray gene expression data.
(What is bioinformatics?
Bioinformatics at U of M.)
- Statistical learning: supervised learning (classification),
unsupervised learning (clustering), and
semi-supervised learning; penalized/regularized methods.
- Survival analysis and clinical trials:
estimation with truncated and/or (interval) censored data.
- Generalized linear models with correlated responses:
GEE, mixed effects models.
NEW! Updated 1/12/2022: Post-doc positions in statistical genetics/omics/neuroimaging and deep learning available immediately! Link
Please send your Qs or preliminary inquiries (with CV) to me at panxx014 AT umn.edu
- NIGMS T32 Biostatistics Training in Genetics and Genomics
- My research group
- (Free) Coursera: Genetic Epidemiology Foundations
- ASA, Fellow (2010-- )
Statistics in Medicine, Editorial Board, Aug 2002--2006
- JASA, Associate Editor, Oct 2003--2006
- Referee for Applied Statistics, Biometrics,
Biometrical J, Biostatistics,
Comm. in Statist.,
Comp. Statist. and
Data Analysis, JASA, JCGS, JRSS-B,
Lifetime Data Analysis,
Scandinavian Journal of Statistics,
Statistics in Medicine, Technometrics and
American Journal of Epidemiology,
American Journal of Public Health,
Bioinformatics, Nucleic Acids Res, Nature,